Bipolar disorder is a mental illness that make people suffer from severe mood swings and several other symptoms such as loss of interest in all activities, insomnia, loss or gaining weight… Anybody can develop this illness whether their teens or grownups as it is often caused by:
• Genetics and inheritance:
In many cases, bipolar disorder can be inherited that is why in case someone of your family have a history with it; you have to check the doctors from time to time t make sure you are okay.
• Chemical changes:
It is believed that bipolar disorder might be a result of a dysfunction or imbalance in the neurotransmitter which is a chemical in our brains.
• Outsider triggers:
Many do not know this, but bipolar disorder can be triggered by physical and emotional abuse and depression.
Medication for Bipolar Disorder
After several pieces of research and experiments, experts have managed to find a treatment for bipolar disorder. There are 2 kinds of it, medication and home remedies. Treating bipolar disorder with medication is always up to doctors and experts, because every stage of it requires a specific medicine although they might have some side effects. Some of the medicines that are used for bipolar disorder are:
• Anticonvulsant: This medicine is mood stabilizers that treats the brain from its severe mood swings and helps it become more stable, however t also has some side effects such as: putting on weight, rash, fatigue, dizziness.
• Lithium: This medication is known among doctors as it is often the best choice to treat bipolar disorder as it also helps stabilize the mood and keeps the individual away from any dark thoughts about death. Lithium also has some side effects that often go away after getting used to it such as vomiting, thirst, acne, hair loss, drowsiness.
There are several other medication that can be used for bipolar disorder such as Antidepressants, Paxil, Prozac, Luvox, Zoloft, Antipsychotic. however, these medicines are less recommended because they have several dangerous side effects if not used well. For the earlier stages of bipolar disorder and to help prevent it as well, they several home remedies that keeps you safe such as:
• Follow a healthy eating habits:
Stay away from diets that includes eating too much red meat, instead create you own diet that balances between meat and veggies without using anyone of them more than you should.
• Exercise regularly:
If do not exercise you should start; because exercising is considered as one of the main keys to cure bipolar disorder. In addition to its various benefits, exercising will also help you improve your sleeping, especially if you were suffering from insomnia or you are sleeping too much.
• Avoid staying alone:
Whether you are suffering from bipolar disorder or not, it is very important that you communicate with your family and friends, educate them and tell them all they need to know about the bipolar disorder. Bipolar disorder destroyed and still destroying many families because the one suffering from it refuse to share his pain and with others, many people thinks it is the right thing to do but it is not. By keeping your illness secret, you’ll become worse each day and you will destroy your family and future at the same time.
For a fast and efficient recovery:
1. Don’t neglect your medicines; try to create a calendar to remind you. 2. Get enough sleep by sleeping from 7 to 8 h only, if you feel like you tired and want to sleep more; exercise to keep your brain awake. 3. If you feel like you have so many things to say, but you don’t want to talk to anyone you know, don’t hesitate to see a psychiatrist who will help you in more than one way. 4. Try as much as you can to talk and interact with people to avoid staying alone. Try to involve in group activities because they will help you improve your mood swings and keep you busy. 5. Don’t take any medicine without a prescription from your doctor or expert, because bipolar disorder medicines include many side effects that will affect you badly. 6. Stay away from stress, sleep properly and interact with people, because the lack of these 3 factors will keep you suffering from bipolar disorder and might even trigger several other diseases. 7. “If you have a will, you have a way”. If you don’t trust yourself and have a hope that you will recover, you never will.